Skilled Nursing with a 5-star Medicare rating
Introducing The Hanna HealthCare Center.
In 2009, Longwood at Oakmont reopened a totally renovated, Medicare-licensed skilled nursing residence in The Hanna HealthCare Center. A landmark in Pittsburgh healthcare, it is designed in intimate neighborhoods, with 16 private rooms each. Here, you’ll find a complete program of short-term rehabilitation services and long-term round-the-clock licensed nursing care, including:
- Medication administration
- IV care
- Wound care
- Restorative nursing
- Special diets
Unlike typical skilled nursing environments, we permanently assign staff to each resident, so they have familiar faces they can count on personally. Residents decide for themselves when they want to wake, bathe or dine - everything is geared to give people in skilled nursing more control of their lives during a time when they may feel most vulnerable. An electronic monitoring system helps support resident safety.
Longwood skilled services and amenities include:
- Supervision by the Longwood at Oakmont Medical Director
- Restorative Nursing Program
- Medication and treatment administration
- Three nutritious meals served daily in an elegant dining room
- Housekeeping, bed and bath linens provided
- Emergency call buttons in each specially equipped bathroom and at each bedside
- Individually designed social and recreational programs
- Ecumenical religious programs and activities
- Availability of licensed physical therapists, occupational therapists, speech therapists, ophthalmology/optometry services, dental, podiatry and audiology services
- 24-hour security
People who are not Longwood at Oakmont residents may be admitted to our HealthCare Center at the per diem rate. You may obtain rates and availability by calling our social worker at 1-877-842-0879.