Resident Care Suite
The Resident Care Suite is located on site to provide you with care coordination. Staffing includes a nurse who can evaluate the best course of action and supportive services based on your condition and consultation with your physician for appropriate care. Some Resident Care Services may require a charge.
Resident Care Suite hours are Monday – Friday 9 AM- 4:30 PM (closed from noon to 1 PM for lunch)
The Resident Care Suite offers the following on site services, including certain specialty physicians such as internal medicine, psychology, psychiatry, dentistry, podiatry and clinical audiology. Annual wellness events, Flu vaccinations and educational programs are provided directly through Resident Care Suite. Resident Care Suite services are not available in resident’s home. Some Resident Care Suite Services may require a charge, which will be noted to the resident in advanced to performing any services. Although residents are not obligated to use the Resident Care Suite Services, the benefits of coordinated care are best realized through the on-site services provided through the Resident Care Suite.
SERVICES OFFERED AT RESIDENT CARE SUITE 9 AM-4:30 PM
- Routine Blood Work Monday - Thursday 9 am- 10:30 AM *
- Evaluate signs and symptoms of illness
- Schedule services of Mobile Radiology services in the resident’s home
- Schedule transportation to off campus medical appointments
- Provide applications for Pennsylvania Handicap parking
- Arrange free delivery of an evening meal due to illness
- Arrange the rental of cord mates (personal emergency response system)
- Coordinate services which enable resident to support living in the Independent Community
- Assistance with obtaining non-nursing home care services that support activities of daily living
- Assistance with obtaining in home health services requiring nursing care
- Assistance with obtaining appropriate physical, occupation or speech rehab therapy
- Providing guidance on how to best manage your medications
- Coordinate pre- and post- operative care when resident provides information about scheduled procedures or hospitalizations
- Dressing changes*
- Provide resident information about the “emergency bottle” (housed in the medicine cabinet of master bathroom)
* Items marked with an asterisk require a physician’s order / prescription. The prescription must be provided at least 1 day in advance.Close
SERVICES PROVIDED AT RESIDENT CARE SUITE MONDAY – WEDNESDAY – FRIDAY 1:30 PM – 3:30 PM
- Non urgent weights, blood pressure and other vitals*
- Administering injections*
*Items marked with an asterisk require a physician’s order / prescription. The prescription must be provided at least 1 day in advance.
IF AN EMERGENCY ARISES
While in your Longwood home or apartment, you have several options if you need assistance:
- Dial 0: Connects you to the front desk. The receptionist or security will call the nurse on duty to respond to your call and/or dial 911 if the situation requires.
- Pull your pull cord: All homes/apartments are equipped with a pull cord which will alert the front desk/security who will respond.
- In an emergency: You may dial 911 yourself. Please be aware that you must provide an exact address. Please also notify the front desk (dial 0) of the call you placed.
To learn more about our our services, please contact us online or call us at 1-877-842-0879.